Big Data Engineer
|Reference # :||17-01010||Title :||Big Data Engineer|
|Location :||Virginia, VA|
|Position Type :||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||02/01/2017|
|Eclaro International is currently recruiting for a Big Data Engineer for one of our financial services clients.|
Join our Big Data Engineering team where we're cutting-edge technologies to solve large-scale challenges. Our Big Data ecosystem consists of tools including, but not limited to: Hadoop, HBase, Zookeeper, Kafka, Storm, Sqoop.
Develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Participate in or review all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
• Participate with team of technical staff and business managers or practitioners in the business unit to determine systems requirements and functionalities needed in large/complex development project.
• Assess and develop high level design requirements for project and communicate in writing or in meetings with development team. Assess detailed specifications against design requirements.
• Review coding done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development. Analyze application for data integrity issues.
• Develop test protocols or plan for testing revised application and review test results.
• Serve as project lead or lead technical staff in course of application development project
• May mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• 6+ years of hands on experience and strong and deep knowledge of Java application development
• Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data. MapReduce experience is a huge plus.
• Experience building and coding applications leveraging Hadoop Components: HDFS, HBase, Hive, Sqoop, Kafka, Storm etc
• Experience coding in more than one of the following: Java, MapReduce, Python, Pig Programming, Hadoop Streaming, HiveQL
• Experience developing RESTful Web Services
• Agile/scrum experience
• Experience leading and managing large scale, complex applications with high performance needs
• Vendor management experience leveraging staff augmentation and/or outcome based project delivery models; statement of work planning and incremental demand forecasting
• Experience managing on-site and off-site staff and demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence others to ensure timely and effective completion of project tasks
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills