Senior Application Development Manager
Find your next opportunity in the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for a Senior Application Development Manager for our client in Newark, DE.
Eclaro's client is one of the largest banking and financial services firms. They are a major provider of investment banking, asset management, private banking, private wealth management and treasury & security services in the United States.
The Senior Application Development Manager position sits within the Corporate Technology organization of the firm, and is an exciting and new opening to join a new group within a dynamic organization. He/She will be responsible for the design and development of core platform that enables the delivery and construction processes for the Data Management, Data Discovery, and Analytics group - leveraging emerging big data technologies. Day-to-day activities will vary widely based on the state of the organization's priorities and needs at that point in time. As such, you must be comfortable with flexibility in your role. You must also be able to operate in a relaxed, yet confident manner, without explicit hierarchy and structure governing work. An affinity towards, and appreciation of, an influence-based and entrepreneurial culture is critical for success.
- Handle Component Software Design & Development
- Ensure excellent practices are utilized in delivering Big Data Management and Integration Solutions
- Ensure design decisions can be actioned by the development team
- Participate in agile development projects for Retail Finance and Risk application data sourcing strategy and implementation
- Act as a role model for all best practices, ensuring consistency across entire team
- Mentor technical development team on optimal utilization of Big Data solutions and Apache Open Source Software
- Help build a great team
- Leverage new and emerging practices for Enterprise Data Architecture
- Engage in enterprise-level systems component design and implementation
- Perform systems integration, including design and development of APIs, Adapters, and Connectors
- Perform integration with Hadoop/HDFS, Real-Time Systems, Data Warehouses, and Analytics solutions
- Write and maintain reference architectures and systems design 'best practices' guidelines
- Lead, mentor, and coach a team of software developers
- Work with business and peers to define, estimate, and deliver functionality
- Lead up, design, and deliver major platform components
EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BS in Computer Science or similar technical Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years' experience with full development lifecycle from inception through implementation
- 10+ years' experience with Java and Java Script related UI development such as JQuery or AngularJS
- 3+ years' experience with Hadoop ecosystem technology stacks as HDFS, HBase, Hive, Pig, Spark, MapReduce, Cloudera etc.
- Experience with development, deployment, and support of large-scale distributed applications in a mission-critical production environment
- Experience in preparing test plans and performing system testing
- Experience with TDD utilizing test data, jUnit, and Mockito
- Experience with JSON, XML, XSD, and JAXB
- Experience with Change Management and Incident Management process
- Strong experience in using Eclipse, Maven, Jenkins, SVN, JIRA, Client AML, Control M, or equivalent tools
- Successful experience in Big Data implementations for large data integration initiatives
- Working knowledge of at least a few of the common frameworks like Spring, Apache, Hibernate (or similar ORM tools), Jersey
- Extensive knowledge of utilization and integration of Open Source software
- Deep understanding of application of enterprise software design for implementation of data services and middleware
- Excellent analytical, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills coupled with a strong work ethic
- Ability to translate business requirements into functional requirements documentation
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to take the challenges of new technology and provide a production worthy output
- Ability to thrive on driving efforts to completion while utilizing best in breed technologies and methodologies
- Ability to function as a Solution Architect - a visionary and execution-driven
- Self-starter attitude and ability to reach out to various groups to get the requirements to completion
- Test-infected attitude (strong desire to perform thorough and exhaustive unit, integration and system testing)
Interested in applying? Contact Charly Vie at email@example.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.