Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Bench Scientist for our client in Chesterfield, MO.
Eclaro’s client is among the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies, trusted by billions to provide superior, cutting-edge, and inexpensive medicine that improves health and well-being. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- This position is available within the Conjugation and Polytides Process Development (CPPD) group in Bioprocess R&D.
- Working within a team setting, the successful applicant will support the development of innovative, robust, efficient, and scalable chemical and biochemical processes and technologies required for the advancement of a diverse and extensive portfolio of bio-conjugate- and polytide-derived biotherapeutics.
- Will focus on providing analytical support for process characterization studies, but may also support fellow scientist in design and execution of experiments and the necessary purification activities to produce drug substances with appropriate quality attributes.
- Will work across process development functions and projects covering a broad portfolio including vaccines, antibody-drug conjugates, therapeutic proteins, and oligonucleotides.
- Under the guidance of senior scientists, the canditate will perform basic analysis of process intermediates and drug substances.
- Will also work with fellow scientists in designing and executing experiments at the laboratory scale, and based on the analyses of these studies, will be expected to develop and test new hypotheses to improve fundamental understanding of the chemical and biochemical processes, including bio-conjugation or large and small molecule combinations.
- Will support drug substance and drug substance intermediate purification activities as needed.
- Requires a highly motivated individual with the ability to work closely with other members of the laboratory and the department in a matrix environment.
- Position will also collaborate with the pilot plan and manufacturing staff on experimental studies, clinical manufacturing, and process validation, including work with external contract manufacturing organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to drive for results and drive innovative research programs independently.
EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Good understanding of chemistry/biochemistry and macromolecule analytics.
- Familiarity with recent scientific literature is desirable.
- Applicants should be self-motivated, organized, and capable of working independently, and in a collaborative environment.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- B.S. degree in Chemistry, Biology, or equivalent or related field with 0-5 years of industry experience.
- Proven record of delivering results in a fast paced environment and effective communication to project teams.
- Desirable: 2-3 years of experience with analytical techniques for biomolecules and/or process development of biotherapeutics
- Duration: 18 months contract
- Schedule: 40 hours per week
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- TransitChek Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying? Contact Jane Bautista at Jane@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.